From Prevention's Quick & Healthy Cooking
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbs dried basil
- 1 can (16 oz) low-sodium whole tomatoes
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth)
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 cup canned chick peas, rinsed & drained
- 1 lb. ditalini, cooked
In a 4-qt. pot, heat the oil & saute the garlic, onions, carrots,
celery, parsley, oregano & basil until the vegetables are crisp-tender,
5 to 7 minutes.
Add the tomatoes, broth & pepper. Cover the pot & simmer for
Add the beans, simmer for 20 minutes.
Toss the hot pasta with the bean mixture.
6 servings. Each 447 calories; 8.5 g fat (17% CFF); 4 mg chol;
329 mg sodium; 6.2 g fiber