Recipe By: Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone; Serving Size: 4
- 3 ripe tomatoes
- 3 slender carrots, peeled and thinly sliced -- into rounds
- 4 small summer squash, thinly sliced -- or cubed
- 1/2 cup peas or a handful of sugar snap peas
- 1 small red onion, quartered and thinly -- sliced crosswise
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper, quartered and -- thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic -- minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 12 ounces fusilli pasta
Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
Blanch the tomatoes for about 10 seconds, the peel, seed, and neatly
Put them in a large bowl.
Blanch the carrots and summer squash for 2 minutes and the peas
for 1 minute.
As they finish cooking, scoop them out with a strainer, shake
off the excess water, and add them to the tomatoes along with
the onion, bell pepper, garlic, tarragon, and oil.
Add salt to the water and cook the pasta until al dente.
Scoop it out, add it to the vegetables, and toss well.
Season with salt & pepper and serve.