Fettucine with Pine Nuts
Recipe by Susie Kaufman; Serving Size:4
Heat the oil in a pan, add the chilies and gently infuse for 5
- 1/4 pint olive oil
- 3 dried chilies -- sliced
- 4 garlic cloves -- skinned and crushed
- 12 oz fettucine -- cooked 'al dente'
- 2 oz pine nuts -- browned under the grill
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh basil
Set aside to cool, then remove the chiles.
Return the pan to a low heat, add the garlic and cook for 1-2
minutes to soften.
Pour the flavored oil over the hot, drained fettucine.
Toss with the pine nuts and chopped basil until well done.
Serves 4 -- One for garlic-lovers, but beware, it could be anti-social!
The amount of garlic infused in the oil is large, but necessary
for the simply delicious taste and aroma of this dish.
A hint of chili and the creamy crunch of pine nuts also flavors
these thin, flat noodles.