Serving Size: 6
In a large saucepan, bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- 2 quarts water
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium yellow onion -- diced
- 1 green pepper -- seeded & chopped
- 2 stalks celery -- chopped
- 4 cloves garlic -- minced
- 1 28 oz can stewed or diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz can kidney beans -- rinsed & drained
- 1 11 oz can corn kernels -- drained
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
Add the macaroni, stir, and return to boil.
cook over medium-high heat until cooked al dente, about 6-8 minutes.
In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
Add the onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic and cook, stirring,
for about 7 minutes.
Stir in the tomatoes, beans, corn, chili powder, oregano, cumin,
pepper, and salt, and bring to a simmer.
Cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Mix in the cooked macaroni and cook for 5 more minutes over low
Remove from heat and let stand for about 5 minutes before serving.