Zucchini and Pasta
I just made this as a side dish for Easter and it was good.
Cook the pasta according to directions on pckg. drain.
- 1/2 cup packaged dried elbow macraroni shells
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced or coarsely chopped carrot
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsps. olive oil or cooking oil
- 1 14 1/2 ounce can Italian style stewed tomatoes
- 1 small zucchini, halved lenghwise and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1/2 tsp. fennel seed, crushed
- 1/8 to 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook onion, carrot, and garlic in
hot oil for 5 minutes or till tender.
Add tomatoes, zucchini, fennel seed, and crushed red pepper.
Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
Simmer, uncovered, for 3 minutes.
Stir in pasta.
Makes 4 side dish servings.