From Celine Lepage - Quebec,
It's an easy and fast recipe, and not expensive. serve 4 to 6
Put all the ingredients in a 2-3 litre pot and heat at medium low
about 20 to 30 minutes and serve it with your favorite pasta.
- 1 can 540ml / 19oz lentils (without liquid)
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 green pepper chopped
- 1 can 284ml / 10oz mushrooms (without liquid)
- 1 can 796ml / 28oz tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of chilipowder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 cup (245 ml) red wine
Nb: this is a quick recipe of course, but more fresh chopped vegetables
can be added if you got more time to cut them.
Also you can use more spices, it depends of your taste.
If you don't have wine, it can be skipped.
In fact the lentils take place of the ground beef, or other meat
and for the rest you can use your imagination.