Originally from Betty Crocker's Easy One-Dish Meals, Sept. 1995
Cook and drain pasta per package directions.
- 1 16-oz package fusilli pasta
- 1/4 c. olive oil (or other veg. oil)
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 28-oz cans Roma (Italian pear-shaped) tomatoes, drained and
- 1 small red chili pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup sliced green olives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- freshly ground pepper
Heat oil in 4- to 6-quart pot over medium-high heat.
Cook capers and garlic in oil, stirring constantly, until garlic is
Stir in tomatoes and chili pepper.
Heat to boiling.
Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in pasta, olives, and herbs.
Cover and simmer 20 minutes.