from: Paola Segurini - Montevarchi/Tuscany/Italy
Chop eggplant in little cubes, cut pepper in small stripes, olives
in thin slices and garlic clove in 2 o 3 pieces.
- Eggplant 1 big (if it's a round one) or 4 long
- Bell Pepper Green or Red 1
- Garlic 1 clove
- Black Olives 6/7
- Cumin Seeds 1 pinch (to taste)
- Olive Oil 2/3 tbs.
- Salt to taste
- Chili powder to taste (if you like it hot)
- Any whole-wheat or white pasta 1 pound (normal size packet)
Pour olive oil in a saucepan (a Teflon wok is the best), add garlic,
eggplant, bell pepper, black olives, salt, cumin and chili.
Stir fry for 4/5 minutes then add water (1/2 cup).
Let it cook slowly for 20 minutes, add some more water when needed
(when the mixture seems on the point of sticking to the pan).
Cook the pasta, drain it, add it to the eggplant sauce, stir quickly
and let it season for 3 minutes with fire on.