Here's another really good recipe, though I don't know the source
as I just have a xerox of it.
Highly recommended for fans of artichoke hearts.
1. Drain the artichoke hearts reserving the marinade (you can leave
the artichoke hearts whole or chop them if you prefer).
- 2 (6 oz.) jars marinated artichoke hearts in oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil (note: you can easily get away w/ just 2 T.
if you want it
- to be a little less fattening)
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 T. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1 T. coarsely ground black pepper
(note: Whoa! This is a ton of pepper, unless you're really tough
I'd recommend reducing it.
I use 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons.)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 (28 oz.) can plum tomatoes, with their juice
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
2. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan.
Add the onions, garlic, spices, and reserved marinade.
Saute over medium-low heat until onions and garlic are soft and
translucent, about 10 min.
3. Add the tomatoes and simmer for 30 min.
4. Add the artichoke hearts and parsley.
Stir gently, and simmer for another 5 min.
6 portions, enough for 1 pound pasta (in my experience, it's a
lot more than 6 portions and is plenty for more like 1-1/2 pounds