with Sun-dried tomatoes and spinach
Here is my favorite recipe for pasta sauce- just leave out the
garlic and it will still be very good.
The secret is in the spinach and the sun dried tomatoes.
For such a tasty recipe, it sure is fast to make- only about 1/2
for 2 people
Heat water to cook pasta.
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- (1 Tbs. Fresh chopped garlic)-optional
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 tsp. Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 generous Tbs. Sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, chopped
- 1 cup fresh Roma or plum tomatoes, diced (about 3 tomatoes)
- 2 1/2 Tbs. pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1 cup fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 6 oz. Spaghetti; (3 oz. per person)
- 1 Tbs. Fresh Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped
In medium size pan, heat olive oil on medium high.
Add (garlic), salt, pepper, basil, sun-dried and fresh tomatoes.
Cook over medium high heat until the fresh tomatoes begin to wilt.
Add spinach and pine nuts.
Cook until spinach wilts.
Add cooked pasta, toss well and transfer to heated bowls.
Top each serving with the chopped parsley. Serve immediately.