I've found the secret to my lasagne is my Primo Pasta Pazool Sauce.
Noodles is noodles, the real art is the sauce.
Combine the following into a crock pot in the morning:
Mix all this together & set on low all day.
- 1 lg can tomato sauce
- 1 lg can tomato puree
- 1 lg yellow or green bell pepper, chopped bite-size
- 2 handfuls of mushrooms, chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced into coins & quartered
- 2 baby carrots, left same size
- 1 handful of parsley
- 4 - 5 cloves garlic, smash with side of knife & minced.
- 1/2 handful oregano
- 2 - 4 pinches of crushed red pepper, depending on how hot you
If you're home, stir once an hour & drain water condensing on lid.
Open the lid a crack for the last hour (this may be a wholly psychological
effect that this makes the sauce taste better, but your housewill
smell fantastic ;)
At 6:30ish, the sauce is ready.
Dig out the carrots & toss (they absorb the acid).
When I make the lasagne, I sometimes use fresh spinach to augment,
but this sauce is chunky enough that I don't really need it. Enjoy.