- London, UK
Serves two, great for a romantic dinner, really easy
- 2 red peppers
- 1 large onion
- 4 cloves of garlic, un-peeled, whole
- 2 tablespoons of good quality olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 300g tagliatelle
1) Pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees celcius.
2) Cut peppers in half and de-seed. Cut onions in quarters. Place
onto a baking tray with garlic, and pour over olive oil. Roast for
3) Put vegetables in a food processor with the basil and balsamic
vinegar. Season, and blend into a rough paste.
4) Cook pasta for around six minutes, drain, and mix in sauce.
Serve with a green salad, and parmesan (if not vegan).
Take care not to let the peppers burn; check after 15 minutes,
and adjust heat if necessary.