Lemon Orzo Pilaf
Recipe By : Gourmet, November 1994; Serving Size: 4
In a 1-quart heavy saucepan saute orzo in butter over moderately high
heat, stirring, until browned lightly and stir in remaining ingredients.
- 1 1/2 cups orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 cup vegetable or imitation chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Bring liquid to a boil and cover.
Reduce heat to low and cook 15 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
Remove pan from heat and let stand, covered, 5 minutes.
NOTES: Can be prepared in 45 minutes or less.