Tomato, Garlic, and Jalapeno Pasta
Recipe By: Gourmet Magazine,
June 1992; Serving Size: 4
In a heavy skillet cook the garlic and the shallot in the oil and
the margarine over moderately low heat, stirring, for 5 minutes, add
the tomatoes, the jalapenos, and salt to taste, and cook the mixture,
stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes.
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, oil-packed -- finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons jalapeno peppers -- finely chopped
- 1/2 pound lasagna noodles -- broken into bite-size pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley -- minced
To a kettle of boiling salted water add the lasagna gradually, stirring,
and boil it, stirring, until it is tender.
Drain the pasta in a colander and rinse it briefly under hot water.
Add the pasta and the parsley to the skillet and toss the mixture