- 500g runner beans (or frozen green beans)
- 50g almonds
- 4 tomatoes, peeled
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 25g vegan margarine (Olé or Cardin)
- 50g sultanas or raisins
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Pinch of raw cane sugar
- salt and freshly-ground black pepper to taste
Wash, string and slice the beans and cook them until tender.
Drain well and leave to cool.
Shred the almonds finely.
Melt the margarine in a saucepan, add the onion, almonds and sultanas
and sauté them until the onion is tender.
Combine the oil, vinegar and seasoning.
Mix together the beans, onion mixture, tomatoes and dressing in