Portobello Mushroom Salad
Recipe By: Cooking Light, Serving Size: 4
Combine the first 7 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag.
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons stone-ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 4 ounce portobello mushroom caps -- about 5 inches wide
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning for steak*
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- cooking spray
- 16 cups gourmet salad greens
- 1 large tomato -- cut into 8 wedges
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced into rings
- 1 15 oz can cannellini beans -- rinsed & drained
Add mushrooms to bag and seal.
Marinate 10 minutes; turning occasionally.
Remove mushrooms from bag and reserve marinade.
Sprinkle mushrooms with Cajun seasoning.
Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with
cooking spray over medium-high heat until hot.
Add mushrooms; cook 2 minutes on each side or until very brown.
Cool, cut mushrooms diagonally into thin slices.
Arrange 4 cups of salad greens on each of 4 plates.
Top each with mushroom slices, 2 tomato wedges, and onion rings.
Sprinkle each with 1/4 cup beans and 1 tablespoon of blue cheese.
Drizzle the reserved marinade evenly over salads.
NOTES : *such as Chef Paul Prudhomme's Steak Magic