Chocolate Chip Cookies with a hint of Espresso
Asa - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chicago, USA
Preheat oven to 375 F.
- 2-1/4 cup whole wheat pasty flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa or carob powder
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup margarine (spectrum spread is good--non-hydrogenated)
- 3/4 cup raw sugar
- 3/4 cup Sucanat (or raw sugar with molasses)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs worth Egg Replacer (I use ground flax seeds--no chemical
additives--I'll explain below, but you can use any)
- 1/2 - 1 package vegan chocolate or carob chips
- Some espresso--cooled
Stir flour, cocoa/carob powder, baking powder, and salt.
Add margarine, sugar, Sucanat, and vanilla.
Grind up until ultra-fine, 1 tbsp. flax seeds--the easiest way to
do this is in a coffee grinder.
Transfer ground seeds to blender or food processor and add around
1-1/2 tbsp. coffee (if you don't like coffee add water).
Process until you get a pasty, thick substance.
Add to mix.
It will appear a bit dry--that's good.
It allows you to add more coffee rendering it perfect and moist.
Add chips. Mix AGAIN.
Dollop onto prepared cookie sheet and bake for around 15 minutes.