Rosemary-Lemon Bean Puree
From: Karen Sonnessa
Recipe By: Mark Bittman, The New York Times; Serving Size: 1
Put the beans in the container of a food processor with 1 clove of
garlic and a healthy pinch of salt.
- 2 cups cooked white beans -- drained but moist
- 1 clove garlic -- up to 3, peeled
- salt and freshly ground black pepper -- to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary -- minced
- grated rind of 2 lemons
Turn the machine on, and add the 1/4 cup olive oil in a steady stream
through the feed tube; process until the mixture is smooth.
Taste, and add more garlic if you like; then, puree the mixture again.
Place the mixture in a bowl, and use a wooden spoon to beat in
the rosemary, lemon zest and the remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
Taste, and add more salt and pepper as needed.
Use immediately, or refrigerate for as long as 3 days. Yield 2 cups.
Serve as a dip for pita or raw vegetables, or combined with grilled
vegetables for a sandwich.