MIX 1/2 the olive oil and 1/2 of the vinegar.
- 2 Crusty French rolls or Pumpernickel rolls
- 2 to 4 Portobello mushrooms, sliced into =BC =93 thick slices
(depends on how thick you like your sandwich)
- 1 cup spinach leaves (fresh)
- 1 small onion sliced and rings separated
- 1 Tbsp. margarine
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar (I like a bit more)
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- Salt, Pepper and prepared mustard to taste.
Marinade the mushrooms for a couple of minutes in this mix.
In a skillet put the rest of the olive oil, garlic and onion, cook
until onion is just starting to brown.
Add mushrooms and lightly cook approx. 2 minutes, about 1 minute before
taking off heat add rest of vinegar and spinach.
HAVE French rolls ready; lightly butter both inside faces.
Add the cooked mushroom and season to taste with the salt, pepper
and prepared mustard.
Cut in half just before serving.