Chocolate Chip Cookies
From: Adele Faiks-Olsgard
TEMPERATURE: 425 degrees TIME: 10-12 minutes
- 2 cups pureed bananas
- 1 tablespoon safflower or canola oil (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
In large bowl, beat together bananas, oil, maple syrup, and vanilla.
In another bowl, mix together flour, oats, cinnamon, and baking
Add dry ingredients to the banana mixture, stirring only until batter
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls onto a nonstick baking sheet.
With a fork, shape the batter into large cookies.
Bake until medium brown.
Makes 12 cookies.
(Adapted from Mother Nature's Garden by Florence & Micky Bienenfeld.)