Beans and Mushroom Soup
You can vary the proportion of the three main ingredients - it's
up to your choice.
- 1 cup white beans
- 3 medium potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups mushrooms (my favorite are chanterelles, but champinions
or shitake are OK)
- 1 medium onion
- salt, pepper, fresh greens to taste
1) Soak beans overnight
2) Pour the water in the pot, bring to a boil, put the soaked beans
into the pot and cook on low until the beans are 90% tender
3) peel and cube the potatos and add to the soup, keep cooking.
In the meantime in the saucepan fry chopped onions, when they are
golden, add mushrooms, fry until mushrooms are tender
4) At the moment when the beans and the potatos are ready, add
the fried onion-mushroom mixture to the soup. Mix well, add salt,
pepper & other spices if you feel them to be neccessary. Remove
from the heat and leave for 2-3 min to develop flavours.
Serve with fresh greens and, if desired, with vegan sour cream
Closing comments: Enjoy!