& Black Bean Soup
This is a quick recipe that calls for canned goods that you may
already have on hand.
Of course if you prefer, you can prepare the beans etc. from scratch.
1. In a large soup pot, sauté onion & garlic in oil until onion is
soft & translucent.
- 3 cups vegetable stock/1-2 bouillon cubes & 3 cups water
- 1 large can tomatoes
- 1 can black beans
- ½ medium cooking onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- olive/vegetable oil
- chili powder, to taste
- ground coriander, to taste
- ground cumin, to taste
- sugar, to taste
- balsamic vinegar, to taste
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2. Add stock & tomatoes & bring to boil.
3. Add beans & heat through.
4. Add remainder of ingredients to taste.
5. Purée & serve.
Tip: If you have a handheld blender, it's much easier to purée
the soup using that instead of putting the soup into a traditional
blender or food processor.