Chick Pea Soup
Robinson - Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
This is really rich and flavorful.
One of my favorites, and it is REALLY easy.
Guaranteed you'll like it.
Sautee onions and garlic.
- 1 med. onion.(chopped how you like it)
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 4-6 med. carrots
- 1 28 oz. can tomatoes
- 1/2 cup tomato paste (or small can)
- 4 cups water
- 4-6 vegetable stock cubes (depending on how salty you like it)
- 1 or 2 tsp. dried basil
- 1 14 oz can chick peas (strained)
Add everything but chickpeas.
Bring to boil and then reduce heat to medium low and cook for 20 minutes
Add chick peas and cook about another 10 min.
Have it with warm bread for dipping and you're all set.
If you want, put 1/4 cup of rice or some chopped potatoes in when
cooking to make it a little more hearty.