Bulgur Wheat Salad - Turkish Style
SERVES 4 -6
- 1 medium cooking onion, chopped and sauteed
- 2 cups bulgur (add 4 cups of boiled water in a bowl and set aside)
- 3 freshly squeezed lemons
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup quartered red seedless grape or quartered green seedless grape
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Mix all the ingredients together and let it marinate for at least a half hour in the fridge then serve.
When pomegranates are in season, I substitute the grape, makes for eye catching colour.