This recipe for falafel and cuts down on preparation time. Perfect for those who want an easier version of falafel.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons flour
- canola oil or vegetable oil (for frying)
Combine chickpeas, garlic, onion, coriander, cumin, salt and pepper (to taste) in medium bowl. Add flour and combine well.
Mash chickpeas, ensuring to mix ingredients together. You can also combine ingredients in a food processor. You want the result to be a thick paste.
Form the mixture into small balls, about the size of a ping pong ball. Slightly flatten.
Fry in 2 inches of oil at 350 degrees until golden brown (2-5 minutes).