Lobio Mtsvanilit (Herbed Kidney Beans)
During college I took a Russian history class where, for a grade, we were to bring in an ethnic Russian (or former USSR) dish. This one is from Georgia that I found off of the "www.ruscuisine.com" website. The one I've posted here is a slightly modified version to make it easier (no soaking/cooking of beans). Now I make it whenever I want something flavorful and refreshing.
- 1/2 lb kidney bean, canned (drained & rinsed)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/8 cup fresh cilantro, fresh and chopped
- 1/8 cup fresh parsley, fresh and chopped
- 1/8 cup fresh basil, fresh and chopped
- 1/8 cup fresh dill, fresh and chopped
- 1/8 cup fresh tarragon, fresh and chopped
- black pepper, freshly milled
- salt or Mrs. Dash seasoning mix, original
Warm the beans either by pan or microwave.
Stir in all ingredients, adding salt and pepper to taste.
Allow the beans to cool to room temperature before serving.