Persian Fruit Salad
This is a traditional fruit salad that we always serve in the summer. It is traditionally served on the holiday of Tu Be'Shvat, but we love to eat it all summer long.
- 2 seedless oranges, peeled and cored
- 2 apples, peeled and cored
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 2 cups pitted dates, chopped
- 1 cup dried fig, chopped or apricot
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup almonds, chopped or shredded coconut
Place fruit in serving bowl.
Pour orange juice over fruit and mix gently.
Garnish with almonds or coconut.
Cover and chill several hours before serving.