Piyaz - Turkish Black Eyed Pea Salad
The only part in this recipe that is time consuming is the peas. If you haven't got the time to boil the peas just buy canned peas (3 cans should do it).
SERVES 4 -6
- 1/2 large red onion, grated or ground by hand with a bit of salt sprinkled on the onion
- 2 cups peas, soaked for 24hrs in salty water and boiled until done in the same water for soaking and drain well
- 4 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro
- 2 tablespoons dill weed (dry or fresh what ever is available)
- 4 freshly squeezed lemons
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- salt and black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sumaq
- 4-6 finely chopped garlic
Toss all the ingrediants together.
Marinate for a few hours or 24hrs and serve.