Syrian Spinach Salad
SERVES 6 -8
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice or red wine vinegar (or 2 tablespoons each)
- 4 scallions, chopped or 1 small onion, sliced
- 1-2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, about
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, about
- 1/4-1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil or vegetable oil
- 20 ounces fresh spinach, torn into bite-size pieces (about 12 cups)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
Combine the lemon juice, scallions, cumin, salt, and pepper.
In a slow, steady stream, whisk in the oil.
Combine the spinach, nuts, and pomegranate seeds.
Drizzle with the dressing and toss to coat.