Tabbouleh - Armenian Cracked Wheat Salad
An awesome salad that's truly a taste sensation!
- 1 1/2 cups fine bulgur
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, minced fine
- 1 bunch scallion, minced fine
- 4 tomatoes, skinned and peeled, if desired chopped fine
- 1 bunch fresh mint or 2 teaspoons dried mint
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- 1/3 cup olive oil (pure or substitute)
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
Soak bulgur in cold water to cover, for an hour or so.
Squeeze out the water with hands and mix with other ingredients except oil, lemon juice and salt.
Mix with olive oil, lemon juice and salt, using proportions agreeable to your taste.
It is important that vegetables be minced very fine.
Serve in a bowl or dish surrounded with Romaine leaves or fresh tender grape leaves.
The leaves are used to scoop up the salad.
Prepare the mixture early enough so flavors blend.