Turkish Chilli Dip
A mildly spicy Turkish chilli dip. To give a fiery kick to this dip, add chilli powder or a dash of Tabasco sauce in it. Best served cold with Turkish bread.
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, peeled
- 2 inches piece cucumbers, peeled
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 scallions
- 1/4 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 15 ml chili oil (Available from Asian grocers)
Remove the seeds from the tomatoes, cucumber and red bell peppers.
Chop into very fine pieces using a knife or a food processor.
Drain excess liquid.
In a salad bowl, mix all the ingredients together very well.
Serve cold with turkish bread.