From www.gourmet.gr. I played around a bit with this one. Use regular couscous if you cannot find Israeli couscous. Use a good quality olive oil.
- 6 ounces israeli couscous
- 1/2 cup spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 persian cucumber (can leave unpeeled if you prefer)
- 3 small ripe roma tomatoes, diced small
- 2 ounces raisins
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, freshly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sumaq, to taste
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Cook the couscous according to package directions. Drain and set aside to cool.
In a salad bowl combine the spring onions, cucumber, tomatoes and raisins with the cooked couscous along with the herbs. Pour over the lemon juice and olive oil. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Toss ingredients together lightly. Cover and chill until required.