Links to historical articles on the IVU website
Digitised copies of complete original books, out of copyright
- Organised Vegetarianism (web pages) - the complete history from 1847 on ivu.org
- The Ethics of Diet - A Catena (web pages) - by Howard Williams M.A., first pub. London 1883. Complete transcript of the first 'history of vegetarianism'.
- The Vegetarian Movement in England,
1847-1981 (web pages) - by Julia Twigg, 1981. PhD thesis bound in a few printed copies but never previously published.
- Food, Home and Garden (link to archive.org) - Journal of the Vegetarian Society of America Vols I-III, 1897-99
- The Vegetarian (web pages) extracts from the weekly newspaper published in London, 1888-1903.
- The Vegetarian World Forum (web pages) published from 1947-1970. The official journal of IVU in the 1950s. No complete scans, but many extracts.
- Souvenir Book of the 15th World Vegetarian Congress - India, 1957 - (web pages) - huge collection of articles by various authors.
- The British Vegetarian (web pages) published from 1959 to 1971. The official journal of IVU in the 1960s. No complete scans, but many extracts.
- Vegetarian Voice and Vegetarian Times 1974/5 issues (web pages) - all concerning the IVU World Vegetarian Congress in Maine, USA, 1975.
- Vegetarian Times (link to Google Books) - US bi-monthly magazine, the link goes to January 1980. See 'Browse all issues' for the complete subsequent issues, currently up to 2004.
- IVU News / EVU News / VUNA Views- (web pages) complete issues from 1995 until publication ceased.
- Vegetarianism in Australia,
A History (web index to complete book in PDF) by Edgar Crook, 2008